NIC's Deeper Dive Webinar Series: Knowledge from the North – What Canada Can Teach US about the Social Determinants
When : October 12, 2018 to October 12, 2018
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. ET
Via Webinar and Conference Call Access (Registrants-only) Register Now!
About the Webinar:
A comprehensive new report examines a broad range of evidence and issues relating to health care in Canada, with insights and recommendations on reforms designed to bring that country’s health-related systems into the 21st Century. In this webinar, two of the report’s authors will explain its findings, the importance of the social determinants of health and well-being to its prospects for success, and how its content is relevant to the U.S. as it considers next steps for the ACA, and perhaps life without it. Our third presenter will apply the learnings from Canada to the current US health and hospital environment, with insights regarding the implications for improving efficacy and efficiency.
- PG Forest, Ph.D., Professor and Director, School of Public Policy, University of Calgary
- Daniel Dutton, Ph.D., School of Public Policy, University of Calgary
- Norma Padron, MD, Senior Director, Applied Research and Data Analytics, Health Research & Educational Trust, American Hospital Association (AHA)
Responder: Margo Edmunds, Ph.D., Vice President, Evidence Generation and Translation, AcademyHealth; Co-PI, NIC
Moderator: Daniel Stein, President, Stewards of Change Institute; Co-PI, NIC
About the NIC Deeper Dive Webinar Series:
We’ve designed these presentations to go beyond the traditional webinar format in order to expand the opportunity for ongoing learning and facilitate networking with others interested in the topic of the event. There are two unique aspects to our “Deeper Dive” webinar-plus series, using the new Collaboration and Communication Hub.
- Before each webinar, we’ll publish a blog that includes key discussion points relating to the subject being examined. Readers will be invited to go to the NIC Hub to ask questions, offer insights and engage in discussions that extend the learning from the blog and inform the webinar’s content.
- Q&A will begin on the webinar platform after presentations, but the learning won’t end there. Rather, attendees can continue interacting with our expert presenters – and to engage in an ongoing conversation with other attendees/colleagues – by jumping to the NIC Hub.
Our webinar-plus series takes a different approach because it aims for a different outcome. It is designed to be an integral part of an ongoing, action-oriented agenda to advance interoperability and data-sharing. The objective of all of NIC’s work is to provide the information, tools and other resources needed to improve systems and increase collaboration among the multiple domains that impact health and well-being. Learn more about the primary domains in which NIC works.
If you have any questions or comments, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.